Webinar: Open Innovation as an opportunity for the energy-water nexus
The reduction of carbon footprint in the energy-water nexus is one of the main challenges of the EU, especially in coastal and island areas where access to water is more difficult. Water treatment plants need to be more efficient, based on renewable energy sources, and apply sustainable technological solutions. EERES4WATER project aims to reduce the environmental impact of the water cycle processes and provide citizens with cheaper and more sustainable access to water.
The use of Open Innovation (OI) strategies can provide a step ahead and bring Europe to the forefront of energy-water nexus solutions. The OI involves the transfer of resources between stakeholders and the acceleration of organisational capacities for innovation and commercialisation through cooperation among start-ups, research centres, suppliers, customers and competitors. This webinar aims to raise awareness and capacity building around OI in the energy-water nexus.
11:00 – 11:05 Welcome and introduction
11:05 – 11:15 EERES4WATER project overview
11:15 – 11:30 What is Open Innovation?
11:30 – 11:45 OI success cases in the energy-water nexus
11:45 – 12:00 conneCTA: A new Open Innovation platform
12:00 – 12:15 Q&A
EU Green Week 2021
This EERES4WATER webinar is part of the EU Green Week 2021, which will be held from June 1st to 4th and dedicated to the ‘zero pollution ambition’.
EU Green Week 2021 will be an opportunity to engage with all stakeholders and interested citizens on how we can work together to make the ambition for a zero pollution and toxic-free environment a reality. Click here for more information about the EU Green Week 2021
- EERES4WATER participates in the celebration of the EU Green Week with a webinar on Open Innovation
- EERES4WATER holds the consortium meeting in the World Water Day
- The Las Palmas III desalination plant can benefit from a floating photovoltaic system to improve its efficiency
- EERES4WATER presents WAVE2O™ technology at an European event organized by the INTERREG Atlantic Area Programme
- Innovation for the energy transition